Tuesday 16 December 2014

Finished... Finished and finished!

I have finished my final piece! As of months of posting little updates... I know i'm bad at posting updates :( but it's finally here! This is my final piece and it's looking fantastic mounted on the wall! I wasn't too sure on it to start with but now it's up on the college wall I'm starting to like it. It's all ready for presentation tomorrow now!

These four pieces are a set. They are called "Movement".

Each canvas is filled with individual sketches on left behind receipts which I have done whilst at work. Then each canvas shows the different types of shoppers you get and what routes they may take around the store; I have a wondering shopper, a one thing shopper, a lost shopper and a family shopper.

I tea stained each canvas to get rid of the whiteness, I felt the whiteness took attention away from my sketches and also, painting the background didn't work well so I went with tea staining the pieces. I like this effect.

The black markings are made with dragging string along. If I could redo this I would experiment with objects to do this.

Oh I should probably say the brief was to create a response to the human figure in motion deconstructed.



No comments:

Post a Comment