Tuesday 27 January 2015

Instillation

The graded unit has started... Oh it's getting tense. I really hope I do well through this... The themes are brilliant however.

For an intro project I was to create an instillation dedicated to my favourite artist, who of course is du du du! Drumroll please... Jenny Saville!!

Everything in my instillation has a conceptual meaning behind it but i'll let you think about that yourself rather than me sitting explaining everything.




Following the instillation, this was the initial research to the start of our graded unit. I've chosen to go with the theme of identity and I am going to look at gender identity. I am going to explore it physiologically, physically, politically and socially.

To begin with, I read that Saville takes close up images of herself after adding things to her figure so I have took my own approach to this and then painted from the images.







And here are my painted versions...







I'll try and update my blog as much as possible for anyone interested in my work :)

1 comment: