Thursday 13 November 2014

Idols

My biggest idol, Peter Doherty.

Most people will call him a waste of space, a junkie and whatever other names you can think off but I can assure you. This man is anything but. Peter has helped many of his fans in ways that he doesn't even know.

Speaking on my own behalf. Everytime I've needed someone, every time i've felt as down as possible, every time i've felt like there was no way back up I always turned to Peter's music and I found comfort in his words, in his voice. Peter Doherty simply ins't someone to fan girl over, nor be a massive over reactive fan. He is a hero, an idol. He has his bad point's but don't we all?? Of course we do. We've all made bad choices so why does he get so much shit just because he is "famous"?

He has let people down, fans down countless amounts of times but we still stand by him. Why? He's so down to earth, he doesn't act like he's famous, he doesn't think hes better. Listen to his words and you'll understand what he thinks of himself. Peter Doherty is a poet. A beautiful poet.

I've stood outside his gigs for hours before the doors open, the day he came out, introduced himself and asked my name was the best day of my life. He complimented my hair and gave me a free gig tshirt. How many celebs do you see doing this every day?

Peter Doherty is my hero, always will be. He has encouraged me to pull through and keep going through the darkest times. He has inspired my art work. He has inspired me to look above everyones bad aspects.

Anyone who thinks anything other than this of Peter, take some time to actually listen to his words, don't just judge him for what the media provoke. They have it out for him. Look into the real Peter.

My charcoal drawing in dedication.


No comments:

Post a Comment