Tuesday 14 April 2015

The Media and our society



Meat
Meat
Meat
Meat
Meat
Meat
We are all pieces of meat.



I created a survey to gather information of how individuals feel about the way they look, I received the world meat. I found this very interesting and I felt a connection with this word.

This is a large scale painting, it is 4 x 2 foot.

I have a male and a figure torso hanging like a piece of meat, like a cow's torso would be in a butchers or a slaughter house, we are no different, skin, blood, bones, organs...

We are all the same so why should it matter how we look on the outside? Why do we have all this pressure from the media to look like a skinny model? Pft, the models themselves don't even look like those images, Photoshop can do wonders.

Again, it's not only females who are effect, males can feel insecure on their looks too. I feel this is more aimed towards women when it's not. Both sexes feel insecurities and I feel this should be highlighted more.

No comments:

Post a Comment