Sunday 19 October 2014

"A Child's Dream"

This is my latest little piece. This piece is one that I am happy with for my figure deconstructed in motion theme at college.

This piece has more to it, however.

It is a watercolour, acrylic painting with digital art combined.

My meaning behind this piece is a child, this is a child which I had sketched whilst I was at work (in a non... creepy way). I painted a piece of cardboard in warm, homely colours which we associate with safety. I then cut into the paint with sissors to draw this little childs movement.

I added watercolour to some parts to add further aspects of movement (I felt wateroclour brush marks where successfull at this)

On top is a photoshop edited image of the movement of my legs, this isn't just to show movement... the idea behind this is much deeper.

My meaning behind this overall, to make this make more sense to you is that the child represents my childhood dreams of working within a creative industry. Making art for living. The legs in different directions are to symbolise the different directions you can go in life, for example right now I am working part time in asda as well as studying full time... day five years time I am hoping to be starting or newly in a creative career.

I hope you do take your own ideas away from my piece, as I have said this is simply my meaning behind this piece that I created. You could have a completely different interpenetration.



No comments:

Post a Comment